Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Displaying Purpose Statements


Being transparent with students about the purpose of your lesson is an important part of teaching. It also helps you, as a teacher, stay focused! One way to do this is to post your purpose statements (or "I can . . ." statements) for all students to see.

1st Grade

I am gathering photos of purpose statement displays from around MMSD to spark some ideas and conversation. I will continue to add to this post as I gather more photos.

How might this look in your classroom? What other ideas do you have? Post your ideas and your own photos in the comments.
Click "comments" below to share your thoughts).
3rd grade



"Yo puedo . . . (I can . . .)
trabajar con un companero (work with a classmate)
escribir una historia personal usando oraciones y detalles (write a story using sentences and details)
aprender a reconocer el sujeto de una oracion (learn to recognize the subject of a sentence)
conocer mas acerca de las comunidades (learn more about communities)
aprender mas sobre matematicas (learn more about math)
seguir instrucciones (follow directions)
aprender mientras me divierto (learn while having fun)"
2nd grade
5th grade

"We can use words and pictures to tell about the characters, setting, and plot."
1st grade
"I can interpret meaning by using more than the words."
2nd grade
"I can say the author's message with details from the text."
1st grade
Purpose Board incorporating academic standards, process standards, and
social emotional standards.
Middle school
Art class
Grades 2, 3, 4, 5

One board, all subject areas.
1st grade





2 comments:

  1. Thanks to share this pictures! They gave me more ideas to improve my lessons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad, Ester! What new ideas do you have?

      Delete